Thursday, September 1, 2011

New energy!



Apache Blessing
May the sun bring you new energy by day
May the moon softly restore you by night
May the rain wash away your worries
May the breeze blow new strength into your being
May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life.


This week I went back to work part time. I can not believe how much I love what I am doing! I have this rejuvinated energy that is  positive and happy. Not seeing Clark for a few hours a day has been hard, but he has been loving his time with Na- Na, Grampie Jim, Uncle Ian , Auntie Danielle, and Grampie Bruce. They are taking such good care of my chunk.  I am so incredibly lucky to have an amazing family.

I am learning so much in this position. It really has taken me out of my comfort zone. In the Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin states that " fun falls into three categories: challenging fun, accommodating fun and relaxing fun".   Challenging fun is described as the most rewarding yet demanding ; it can create frustration, anxiety, and hard work, it takes energy and time but in the end it it pays off with the most satisfying fun.
My new job as an administrative assistant at the Children's Center falls under challenging fun.

The school is a beautiful old Victorian home with all sorts of small rooms and hideaways.  I have this ability to find cozy, warm, inviting, homey schools that expel  positive energy and creativity. I work best under these conditions.
Once I get home Clark and I have alot of time together and have been going on long walks by the Charles River and to the playground.  I am so excited to see him at the end of my work day. This has been a perfect way to keep up with my nutritionists' suggestions for adding more exercise to my daily routine and spending time with my babe.

I am sad to say that I have finished the book The Happiness Project .  However, I have learned so much about myself through this book. One of the most important things I have learned is that " when people's minds are unoccupied, they tend to drift to anxious or angry thoughts. And rumination - dwelling on slights, unpleasant encounters, and sad events - lead to bad feelings. "  This hit the nail on the head when thinking about the events of the past few months. I have created a new mind set, when I begin to feel sad about things. I think about my "area of refuge"- this is not a place per say, but a state of mind. Basically, when I start to ruminate (which I must say isn't that often, due to my happiness level being raised in so many different ways) , I think about positive things for example, Clark's face - giving good morning kisses to my chunk, Ithaca is Gorges- farmers markets, Cayuga lake, flowers on the door at 214 Utica, "10 square miles surrounded by reality", aroma of fresh tomato sauce, feelings I get when shopping at the farmers market with my chunk, seeing Clark's face when having a hoodsie for the first time, watching my chunk walk! Seeing all the new thing he is learning , and making myself so happy!

The next one on my list is Tal Ben- Shahar's book Happier. I hope I get alot out of this book!
Until next time,
There is only love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment