Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happiness has four stages!


In the book, The Happiness Project , Gretchen Rubin states that happiness has four stages, 
" We must anticipate it, savor it as it unfolds, express happiness, and recall a happy memory." 
It is so important to recognize happy moments when they are happening.These moments can be snip-its-- for example enjoying a cup of coffee with a friend, walking while the autumn air hits your face, the grey skies that are exploding with rain, seeing your son play with his great grandparents, learning a new skill, talking to an old friend, or rejoicing in laughter.
Over the past few weeks I am able to rejoice in those happy moments and anticipate that not all days are going to be kick ass! But I am taking constructive steps to recognize  that even if a day is bad, there are still some bright spots.  This is something new that I really never have thought about before. Usually I would have chalked the day up to a loss. 
Because of these steps I am now more reflective at the end of each day as to what has happened good or bad, what made me smile and what could have been done better. Reflection is a great tool that can help you see the positives and also the negatives- when reflecting those bright spots in your day are magnified and sometimes can completely overshadow the grey skies. 
Each day is a new adventure that brings on new feelings, insecurities, happiness, smiles, frowns and excitement.
This process has made me a totally different person. Although I am still an earthy crunchy chick my outlook on everything has drastically changed. ... my eyes maybe grey but my heart is exploding with beautiful rich autumn colors!


Until next time,
There is only love<3

No comments:

Post a Comment