Monday, October 31, 2011

When things fall into place

If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything.” – Win Borden



This quote really hits home with me today. If we waited until everything was perfect, we would all be in the same place as where we started. We wouldn't accomplish much and probably would all be pretty boring :) 

This quote also makes me think of Clark, he definitely likes to observe, explore and investigate before making any kind of attempt at doing ANYTHING! At one point he was so compliant having someone else hold his bottle, he never attempted to touch it! It wasn't until a wonderful friend and big time Clark/Rachel supporter  showed me how to get him to do it himself, that he finally felt confident holding the bottle.. I will always be grateful!  
First time holding his own bottle! 


Another example is , before learning to walk, he was too "good at" crawling. He would make like lightening and scoot across the floor with the speed of an Olympic speed skater. Before you knew it , he was clear across the floor, looking for something to get into.   I believe he really thought, "why would I slow down to learn something new, when I am getting there just fine":) However, once he practiced a few times, he was a pro... now he will NEVER crawl!  




First time standing on his own! 9 months old


Another  example of Clark observing, investigating, and exploring is with his ring toy. Clark has had this toy since I believe Valentine's day....and he FINALLY started to use it appropriately:) 
At first he would bite, suck and throw the rings, however, now he is putting the rings on the dowel. It amazes me every time I see him make connections, explore and make things work! 



Playing with his ring game! 
Clark has also been having some "quiet time" where he can look at books and other "quiet" items. He is too cute and funny when he looks at his favorite books. One book that he loves is Barn Yard Dance by Sandra Boynton. We gave this book as a gift to our friends new baby ( well not so new! ) of course with a lovey:) Clark would read this book to himself and also ask for me to read it whenever he gets a chance. I had to share it with others. 
Clark, "tasting" Sandra Boynton's Barn Yard Dance!
8months old
Another book, is Peek-a -boo baby. This is a great open flap book with lots of sensory textures. Clark thoroughly enjoys feeling all the bumps, teddy bear fur, and sparkly hearts.  
Clark has been really looking at the pages and treating the books with care. He loves books and I am so happy about that. 

Clark, 14 months old.  Reading " Peek -a-boo baby" 


I have been focusing my energy on this other quote.....

It has opened my eyes to a "whole new world" . I believe that the way I was living before wasn't a way that showcased my appreciation for myself . Not being concerned with drama and negativity has really helped my overall self. I am proud of where I am and where I am going... won't you join me?!?! <3


Until next time,
There is only love <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment