Thursday, October 13, 2011

My heart just melted....

When Clark was born he loved resting on my chest and bouncing on an exercise ball. It was the only way I could get Clark to relax and take a nap. While bouncing on the ball I would sing him a song. The song was pretty generic, " Goodnight Mama, Goodnight Mama, goodnight Mama its time to go to sleep". I would sing the song for each and every main person in Clark's life. From grandparents, to aunts, to uncles, to great friends; Clark would hear their names and even we would include his dear friend " Lovey" -a blanket giraffe.  At the every end of the song I would sing Clark's name . Then I would lay him in his crib with Lovey. This was a nightly routine that Clark loved.
Tonight, Clark was very upset. I think with me working more hours and him going through teething as well as having a little cold he wanted to bounce and feel connected to me. This was something that he hasn't really wanted to do in a while. I sat on the ball and began bouncing. Soon after I began singing everyone's name like I had done in the past. Clark placed his head on my chest, while clutching lovey and I could feel him completely relax in my arms.
In that moment, I realized that everything I do in life, I do for him. I want to protect him, love him, and cherish each and every moment with him. I sat there with him for about 20 minutes, boucning and singing and loving each and every moment- his smell, his weight, the way his hair brushed my face... my heart just melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment