Friday, May 27, 2011

Cream cheese and cucumber sandwich breakfast!

I have been craving cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches for a few weeks now. This morning I decided to have one for breakfast. Clark was intently looking at me making the sandwich. I figured I would make him a tiny sandwich (open faced) and let him try it out. Then this got me thinking... why not just have the same things as my chunk!
Clark devouring a cream cheese and cucumber sandwich!

To start I used Trader Joe's Whole wheat Tuscan Pane bread. This bread is excellent for sandwiches and for dipping in the white bean and basil dip that I made a few days ago. Clark really loves it and it has no soy or soy products!! Winning!!!  I also used Philadelphia cream cheese.
Ingredients
Cut the crust off the bread and then put a think layer of cream cheese on the bread.  Next I cut the piece of bread into thirds.
Whole wheat Tuscan pane topped with cream cheese
For the cucumbers I already had them diced so I chopped them into a think layer and placed a few on each piece.
I added a forth of a string cheese cut into forths -- sort of like a triangle. And for Clark's dessert he had blueberries.  Clark does pretty well with whole blueberries, however if the berry is bigger I do cut it in half.
Clark's breakfast plate

For my breakfast I made the exact same food. Again, I think its really important to show your child, no matter how old that what you are feeding them is exactly something you would eat!
Mama's breakfast plate

Clark and I had a delicious breakfast--- I think we are almost ready to go swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment