Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Garden Salad topped with garlic couscous, grilled vegetables and chili lemon salmon!

Are you loving this weather? I love this weather but I could use a little less humidity:) The great thing about this weather is the fact that you can start grilling again! I have a little counter top grill from Cusinart. We have had it since Ithaca and I don't know what I would do without it.

Grilled Salmon
Last night I decided to make Grilled Salmon that was rubbed with chilis, lemon and lots of seasonings. I put on the grill for about 15 minutes. Salmon doesn't take too long to cook, so this is a quick and easy meal:)

Vegetables topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar waiting to go on the grill!

Before making the salmon I made grilled vegetables, which consisted of summer squash, zucchini, and eggplant. I tossed the vegetables in extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar. I placed them on the grilled and let them stay for about 15-20 minutes. You can also place them in the oven prior to grilling.
Couscous

In another pan I made a package of Near East Garlic Couscous. To make this you boil water, olive oil and the seasoning package in a pan. Once boiled you add the couscous . Let it stand for 5 minutes while fluffing with a fork.
Garden salad topped with garlic couscous, vegetables and grilled salmon!


Make a simple garden salad, add whatever veggies and things you would like. I added cucumbers, tomato, sharp cheddar chunks of cheese, croutons, cranberries and toasted almonds .
This meal was delicious! 
Clark ate some cucumbers, cheese, couscous, and tried a few flakes of salmon! He loved dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment