Thursday, June 2, 2011

Easy Vegetable Summer Salad



Clark has been restricted to only vegetables, protein, and starches for a week. He has had some tummy troubles and the doctor reassures me that cutting out fruits for the week might help his belly feel a bit better. I realized when preparing his meals today that fruit is a big portion of his daily intake.
I decided to make a vegetable summer salad for all to enjoy. I already know that Clark likes summer squash, zucchini, cucumbers and corn on the cob. I used those three ingredients to make this easy summer salad.

Here are the ingredients that are used in the recipe!
To start wash and cut zucchini and summer squash into medallions.
Place them into a pan with about 1/2 cup of water. I cooked the vegetable for about 15 minutes. I like them to be a bit crunchy not too soggy. Once they were done I placed them into a bowl.
Zucchini
Summer squash
 Next cut your tomato and cucumbers and place them in the same bowl.

Tomatoes

For the corn on the cob, I place the corn, husk and all in the microwave for 3 minutes
******The corn will be extremely HOT! Use an oven mitt!*******
When it comes out, peel off the husk and hold small tip up, and cut with a sharp knife down the cob. This will help the corn come off the cob.

Place the corn into the same bowl that is housing all of the other ingredients.
To have some flavor, I use Italian dressing... Two squirts around the bowl and mix! 
I have added cheese to this cheddar cheese to this dish. But other times I have added feta cheese.
Viola! An easy vegetable summer salad that you and the babe can enjoy!  Make sure you cut the vegetables smaller for your little one to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment