Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lemon Chicken for grown ups and babes!

Today I was craving lemon chicken. However with very little time due to life's circumstances, I decided to make it a quick and easy way.
First I washed the chicken pieces ( I used boneless chicken breasts), placed in a skillet with about 1/2cup of water. I added about 1 cup of vegetable broth. (I didn't have chicken broth!) Using the vegetable broth actually gave the chicken more lemon flavor! Weird, I know:)

I let the chicken cook in the water and vegetable  broth for about 20 minutes.  I used Nature's Promise vegetable broth. On a side note, Nature's promise comes in a smaller 17oz container. I love this size:) If you have extra left over you can make a smaller vegetable soup ( next blog! )

While that was cooking I cut up two lemons. The first one I cut in half and squeezed as much juice as I could out of it. The second lemon I cut into slices. After squeezing the lemon I placed the sliced lemons over the chicken pieces.



Once the lemons are sliced, I place several on top of the cooked chicken. I let the chicken cook more in the lemon juice and vegetable broth. You can add capers and or other spices, however because I was making this for the baby I omitted the spices.

I took a piece off of one of the breasts and chopped it so that Clark could eat it. If needed you can put it through the grinder to get it smaller. 

Clark throughly enjoyed his dinner tonight. I paired the lemon chicken with a butternut squash risotto. Clark did really well eating and "feeding" himself :)

1 comment:

  1. Another fabulous meal cooked for your little one. It looks delicious. Great job!

    ReplyDelete