Wednesday, May 25, 2011

White bean and basil dip!

I never really enjoyed basil until just short time ago. I have been getting fresh basil at the local market and decided to make some quick and easy pesto. It came out delicious! I had some basil left over and didn't want it to go to waste, so I decided to have Clark try some white bean and basil dip.


To start, I got one can of trader joe's cannelini beans- wash and rinse the beans until the water runs clear.
Next, add oil (2 tablespoons) and 2 cloves of garlic minced to the beans and process until smooth.
All the ingredients
With the paste still in the processor add 1/2 cup of minced basil ( I chopped it so that it was small, but not too tiny) , 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a dash of pepper , cover and process until smooth.
beans, oil and garlic
add in the basil
You can serve this chilled with carrots, celery, pita bread (or pita chips) , or any other veggie you have around the house!
So quick and simple... the chunk and I are going to enjoy this snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment