Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Creamy Curry Chicken for the chunk.... and me too!

Clark throughly enjoys new foods. I introduce each item prior to mixing all ingredients. As of this moment, Clark has been introduced to chicken, green beans (as well as pureed green beans) , basil, coconut milk, and garlic.
For me, I want Clark to try new foods that help him develop his sense of self. Meaning that, the more unique foods he tries the better his palate may become. Using good foods, fruits, and vegetables and watching what you are putting on your plate or your child's will help your child eat healthy.

As for today's recipe. I was missing Green Star Co-op's (out of Ithaca)  curry sauce. I decided to try my own. However, I really like to incorporate Clark into our nightly meals. That being said, I decided to try a mildly spiced curry that is rich with garlic, sweet yet spicy ginger, and coconut milk.

First, pour water into a small pan about 1 inch. Place cut ,washed green beans into pan, bring to a boil. Once at a boil cover and steam. This should take about 5 minutes. Place on cutting boad and chop again
( remember chop in a way that your child can eat the vegetables without choking,)














 Prepare the chicken by placing in a roasting pan- lightly oil. It took about 25 minutes to cook 3 pieces
 I took a 1/4 of the chicken out and chopped it finely for Clark after cooking.









In the saucepan add in the green onion ( I omitted ) and saute until the onion wilts, this should be about two minutes.  Stir in garlic and ginger, cook. Stir for about 1 minute. Next stir in coconut milk(1/2 cup) and vegetable stock (1/2 cup) and raise the heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. While simmering add the green beans, chicken,and basil. Simmer, covered until the sauce thickens. Serve luke warm with either brown rice or jasimine rice.




Viola, a new twist on an old recipe!

Clark's bowl of Creamy chicken curry!

No comments:

Post a Comment