Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One week into the Happiness Project

Over the past week I have been reading this fabulous book called The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It has been a great read so far. 
One of the chapters talks about starting a blog, well I already had one that I felt I had neglected over the past few months.
I thought what better way to begin my own Happiness Project than to freshen up Go mama go! 
A week into the project, I am figuring out how ,exactly, to make myself happy. In this book she has her own 12 commandments. I kept going back to each one rereading and rereading some more. I starting thinking, did this woman seriously write this book just for me. Was I the only one in the universe that had a copy? It had to be. 
Each of the commandments spoke to me. 
1. Be Gretchen ( insert my name)
2. Let it go.--DING DIN DING
3. Act the way I want to feel. 
4. Do it now. -
5. Be polite and fair
6. Enjoy the process
7. Spend out
8. Identify the problem - DING DING DING
9. Lighten up ---DING DING DING! 
10. Do what ought to be done.
11. No calculation
12. There is only love. 

For several weeks I have been seeing as nutritionist as well. Pairing mind, body and soul has had an amazing effect on me. Not only am I seeing the pounds shed off ( -7 in two weeks! go me!), but my spirit has done a 180. Before I would have been trying on those pre-preggers jeans to see if they fit or would have been estimating how many more pounds before they could fit. But the new Rachel, is only thinking about how my energy is happier, how I am doing this not only for me, but for Clark as well. I don't want to look back and remember his toddler years with me unhappy, sitting on a park bench watching him play. I want to experience everything all over again.

Reading the 12 commandments each day makes me remember what is important. I am going to enjoy the process of everything. Whether it is the process of making fresh salsa ( recipe will follow) , the process of watching  Clark walk in his new sneakers, or the process of my father making great strides in his recovery from open heart surgery.  Taking the time to enjoy those little moments will be more of a reward than anything else. " What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while".
When you have so much love in your heart it hurts. <3
Until the next entry...
There is only love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment