Friday, August 26, 2011

Go off the path!

While continuing to read  The Happiness Project,  I came across the section, Go off the path.  This didn't mean to go off the path and rid yourself of all technology , but it meant " to push oneself to encounter the unexpected thoughts, unfamiliar scenes, new people, and unconventional juxtaposition that are the key sources of creative energy-and happiness."
Yesterday, I went off the path! I accepted a job that is completely out of my comfort zone. I will be working as a Administrative Assistant . As everyone is aware I have been a teacher for 10 plus years, but this year is different. This year, I have my chunk at home and I would not want to be away from him for 40 plus hours a week. I know many people use daycare but I am not comfortable leaving Clark with people that I don't know, especially when he is so young.
So back to this awesome position,  it is only part time and I can make my own hours! SCORE!  Clark can stay with his Na-Na and Grandpa, so I can feel 100% comfortable leaving him for a few hours a day -DOUBLE SCORE!
The school is completely laid back and has really great positive energy. I met with several teachers and thoroughly enjoyed meeting them all. I truly love when a place has a very natural  feel and the energy that surrounds said place is full of positiveness, laughter, and fun. It reminded me of UCNS in Ithaca, organic , free following, free spirited, and most of all ,all encompassing creativity was taking place.

Next on the to do list, is to go off the path and purchase three magazines I wouldn't normally buy.Sounds crazy, but looking at all the magazines in the book store the other night I realized that I am comfortable with some magazines and some just scare me! Haha. So I will be purchasing a few new ones ( tricky tricky! ).

On my mission for my own happiness project I am one step closer and loving every minute. Each day brings on a new adventure. Its nice waking up with a smile on your face and going to bed with one. Ridding yourself of negative people ,negative attitudes and overall negativeness surely does impact the way you think, act and feel.  And boy am I feeling great!

Until next time,
There is only love <3


No comments:

Post a Comment