Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chicken burgers with peaches and blueberries!

After a great visit to the farmers market where I purchased yummy peaches and sweet blueberries I decided to try a new recipe for chicken burgers topped with warm peaches and blueberries.
To start I used ground chicken added salt, pepper, chili powder and 1 chopped peach. I mixed all the ingredients and made my own chicken burger and placed it on the grill.It only took about 8 minutes or so for the chicken to cook.


ground chicken with peaches


While the burgers were cooking I took the additional peach and diced it and washed a cup of blueberries. I placed both in a small frying pan and let it simmer together until there was juice in the pan.
diced peaches with blueberries 
Once the chicken burgers were done I topped them with the peach and blueberry topping.

Chicken burger topped with warm peaches and blueberries. Pineapple on the side!
Clark and I enjoyed our yummy dinner purchased from local farms! We love the summer and our weekly visits to the farmers market!

No comments:

Post a Comment