Friday, December 16, 2011

The Nutcracker

On Wednesday night I had the pleasure of going to see the Nutcracker performed by the Boston Ballet with a great friend. The night was amazing and the show was spectacular! There is something to be said for a night out with a friend who truly in every sense of the word "gets you".  Sharing and evening of laughter, conversation and a fantastic show was just what I needed this holiday season.

Last time I saw the Nutcracker I was probably in highschool, my mother made it a point to take me to the Nutcracker every year since I can remember. Getting all dressed up to go to the theatre was such a thrill. It is memories like that, that I hold dear to my heart.

Around this time of year I miss my mother alot more than other days. She loved the Christmas holiday and would be caught decorating the house right after cleaning up the turkey from Thanksgiving! The decorations would be up until January 6th (Little Christmas! and my dad's birthday). Christmas songs would be playing and the oven, I don't believe was ever off... she would make cookies, candies, and treats galore! 
 I still use several recipes that were my mothers for my own holiday treats. The smell of ainse cookies baking in the oven makes me daydream of the closeness my mother and I shared, especially our love for the holidays.
I know that if my mother was around she would have loved to see Clark's face when he looks at lights and decorations.
 I also know that if she were alive she would have been sitting in the Boston Opera House chatting away with my friend, because they would have gotten along famously. 

I have often asked myself, where have certain people been all my life.... usually their response is
" hiding"... well this holiday season, I am saying " I am glad I found you... even if it took sometime and some detours". 
Until next time,
There is only love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment