Friday, February 10, 2012

New Experiences

As I continue to grow and watch Clark grow, I have been looking at new experiences in a way in which I never did before.
As Clark gets ready for another day of multiple transitions at the home daycare, I too am ready for multiple transitions that will occur. Although transitions have never been a favor of mine, as I'm sure many people can relate too, it is of course much easier as an adult to transition.Clark has a  rough go with learning to adapt into a new environment, but he is doing really well and trying to hold his own.

I choose a home daycare setting for Clark, because I felt that this type of environment would be very familiar , as he stays with his great grandparents and grandparents two days a week. I am not fond of big box daycares, as they leave little to the imagination. At Clark's daycare there is only 8 kids per day and they have alot of outside time. The teacher has been doing this for 25 years and she seems like a pro!

I know Clark will find his way! He will continue to  learn coping, transition,and social  strategies  that will help him in other social settings.

On the same topic, I have never been fond of being in a new place or with new people.I have always been shy, which often is taken that I am a snob or a bitch... neither I may add are who I am.
 However I met up with a friend a few days ago who introduced me to a few people. They were a really nice couple with a cute little baby boy! He had the most beautiful eyes and really funny laugh! Being able to be myself and engage with t new people in this context was really good for me. The girlfriend was engaging and very talkative, which was good!  We chit chatted about kids,working while taking care of the boys, going back to school and some interests that we both had. It was a really nice night and hopefully we can all do it again! 

So here is to new transitions and learning to go out on a limb.....
"To start something we all know and love , and then turn it over, examine it from different perspectives, and make it new and exciting again".

Until next time,
There is only love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment